Il digitization process it is a process that is in general involving many realities.
If for the activities of many manufacturing companies the digital transformation has already consolidated and has become one of the distinctive features of the business, on the other hand there are many other realities that while recognizing the benefits and advantages of this sector struggle much ad start the transformation and to adapt theirs business to the new digital needs.
They undoubtedly also fall into this category the non-profit organizations that precisely they do not have still some technical skills and specific skills to go to perfectly tailor their business to these needs.
THEdigital innovation indeed offers many opportunities for non-profit organizations. These opportunities not only mean greater visibility but putting the right techniques into practice is possible increase conversions and go to increase donations and thus ensure the development of your business.
The opportunities that the digital sector offers to non-profit organizations are diverse and consist in the involvement of different areas of activity.
In fact, in addition to the possibility of creating advertisements using Google AdGrant and the possibility of improving websites using SEO techniques, aspects that have been thoroughly investigated in a previous article, it is also possible intervene with campaigns of social media marketing.
I social media, in particular Instagram e Facebook, play a central role in the development of communication strategies for these realities.
Apparently managing profiles on social networks is quite simple. But it must be emphasized that managing a profile of a non-profit organization on social networks is not exactly that simple and immediate.
To get the maximum benefit from this social management it is very important to proceed with one methodical and strategic management of social networks. In particular, also for Facebook and Instagram there are targeted activities and advice to be put into practice to make social networks very effective communication channels.
In the making of a communication campaign for a non-profit organization it is really very important to go to develop an integrated marketing campaign on all existing digital and non-digital channels.
This undoubtedly means going to develop their own strategies and your business also through the use of social media.
Social media like Instagram and Facebook to date constitute the two major social networks, which boast a particularly high number of active daily customers. For this reason, even for non-profit organizations it is very important if not necessary to consider these channels as well, as they represent a possible source of development of their business which is particularly important.
If managing a personal profile on social networks is very simple, managing a profile for a non-profit organization is not the same thing and it requires the use of specific and much more detailed tools and skills in this sense.
In the next paragraphs we will go into detail on the methods that the various non-profit organizations should put into practice to create very effective social media marketing strategies.
Social media marketing strategies for non-profit organizations: Facebook
Facebook, contrary to what many think, is still today one of the social networks with the largest number of active users and should play a key role in the development of these communication strategies.
A good and correct management of the Facebook profile of the non-profit organization allows you to create and communicate with your community but also to go and take care of the creation and management of content.
The main benefits you can get from an ah hoc Facebook strategy are:
- Increase of likes to the page and fans in general
- Convert your fans in supporters
- Establish one lasting relationship with your fans
However, to be able to meet these objectives it is very important to follow a strategy and a targeted and effective programming.
Tips for optimizing a Facebook profile
Also for an effective management of social networks it would be advisable to consult experienced staff able to provide the ideal support in the development of these strategies.
- Make sure you have chosen an impressive profile picture and above all well representative of the essence of your association's business. Remember that profile picture and cover picture make up the business card of your profile and so if you want to draw attention to yourself it is very important to look after it carefully. Also make sure you have high resolution images.
- Do not underestimate thecover image. If the profile image must perfectly summarize the essence of your business and therefore perhaps a logo, the cover image can instead focus on other aspects of the business and therefore can also include the use of impressive images. It should not be forgotten that the cover image is also the perfect place to insert one call to action
- Pay attention to the choice of information to be included in the information section, do not forget at this stage of insert a link that leads to your website.
- Pay attention to the choice of content to publish. Remember that to attract attention and drive traffic to your website it is important to pay attention to the choice of contents and their types. In fact, the contents are fundamental. In fact, you have to provide interesting and useful information for your followers.
Thanks to the publication of these contents, it also tries to observe which contents have the most significant impacts in order to increase the possibility of doing lead generation.
In this way, by creating ad hoc content, it is possible to increase the possibility of success and to be known on the market.
- For the creation of effective and effective content it is very important to draw up a editorial plan is preferably used for content programming.
Il editorial plan in fact it is very important to plan the choice of topics and reference contents for the creation of the posts. With this tool you can in fact go easily to identify categories and categories with the related topics, then subdividing them by frequency of publication but also by time and the moment in which there is greater possibility of obtaining leads.
Also in the specific case of Facebook it is very important to go to observe the type of post to be published. In fact, post with the images are much more effective than simply sharing a link.
- Le interactions with your users I'm very important to give value to the community of reference. Trying to respond to comments in the most personalized way possible is a great thing. The interactions are also very important for realities such as non-profit organizations as they allow you to also carry out an activity customer care.
- A communication strategy on Facebook cannot be separated from a competition analysis. In fact, studying one's competitors is essential to understand the threats and opportunities coming from the external market. These are in fact very important to define the approach to be given to one's strategy. In this regard, through the SWOT analysis it is possible to define with greater clarity the strengths and weaknesses of your business model on which to leverage.
- Remember to publish posts with some consistency. In fact, managing a company profile requires that a certain consistency be maintained in the publication of posts. Furthermore, it would be better to organize the activity by categories.
- Remember to use Facebook also as a tool for sharing posts and other content on other social networks such as Instagram or your website.
In addition to these tips for managing an effective Instagram profile, it is necessary to deepen the question related to ability to create programmatic advertising on Facebook. This means that ad hoc content is created for paid advertising on Facebook thanks to the service offered by the social network of the same name: Facebook Ads.
Thanks to Facebook Ads it is possible to create targeted and very effective paid advertisements that allow users to be reached in a targeted and profitable way.
In fact, programmatic advertising on Facebook allows with low levels of expense of achieving truly amazing benefits and results.
Facebook campaigns are structured in a hierarchical way and allow you to hit the latent demand and thus allow you to reach potential users.
Social strategies medium marketing for non-profit organizations: Instagram
If managing a Facebook profile for non-profit organizations requires organization and planning, these organizations should also pay special attention to management of your Instagram profile if it exists.
Having an Instagram profile also represents a remarkable opportunity for non-profit organizations. In fact the number of active users every day is particularly high so much so that it exceeds the number of 700 million active users per month.
Furthermore, in recent years the rules and mechanisms of the market have also changed a lot, so to keep your competitiveness alive on the market and to make your business worth it, it is very important to consider in the business of a non-profit organization also the possibility of going to develop strategies also from this point of view.
As for Facebook profiles the management of a communication channel such as Instagram, from a more professional point of view it requires different efforts compared to a normal management of a personal Instagram profile.
- The first move to do is to creation of an account if absent e optimization in the case of an already existing profile. In particular, I suggest you also set up your company profile as this will allow you to obtain highlights much more detailed on your account.
- To immediately have a good number of followers it is advisable synchronize the Instagram profile with the Facebook one. In this way it will then be much easier to share content on other social networks as well.
- Content insertion. Instagram offers the possibility to insert images, videos and stories. If the images and videos represent the gallery of your account, the stories are temporary and have a duration of only 24 hours.
The contents to bring added value to the company must be organized effectively.
- Le imagini in fact as well as being at high resolution they must also take into account proportions, symmetries and colors. furthermore, these should be published with a certain criterion, and always making sure that they are in line with the brand image and with the corporate culture of the company.
- The importance of vary the type of images. This is essential for capturing and keeping users' attention alive.
- Post descriptions also want their share. these captions should be short but very effective. This is also the place to enter hashtags. In fact, these labels, if chosen with accuracy, allow you to acquire greater visibility.
Among the contents the stories definitely make up one of the most loved content by users. As it is high-impact content, it is very important to be authentic and direct. Stories are perfect for sharing moments that go beyond the simple sphere of work and which therefore allow you to highlight the human factor more. A central and very important factor for non-profit organizations.
Stories do not always have to be the same but it is always advisable to vary the contents, trying to choose the ones most suitable for a given moment.
With the stories it is also possible to give vent to creativity, thanks to the possibility of adding emoticons or the possibility of inserting text elements.
To have a very optimized Instagram profile is very useful archive the most important and effective stories in featured content. Here you can group the stories in different folders.
Tips for optimizing an Instagram profile for non-profit organizations
After having seen what are the important and necessary elements that an effective Instagram profile should follow, it is very important to analyze some strategies for optimizing content.
In this sense it is strictly necessary:
- Make sure you have quality content, various and consistent with the activity of the non-profit organization. This means respecting the personality of the brand through the publication of various contents.
- Vary the contents of the posts while always maintaining a certain harmony.
- Keep one aesthetic and style coherence in the various posts. This will also allow non-profit organizations to maintain a certain visual identity.
- Le images they should be chosen for effect, so that they can go and grab attention.
- Remember to enter post with strong engagement; in fact, these allow users to be involved in the first person.
- The perfect description for each of your posts. Do not underestimate the descriptions, make the most of the space available and try to communicate in the most personal way possible, always trying to motivate and involve your followers. inserting emotional and engaging posts in your field is certainly very impactful.
- In this regard, it is very important to pay attention to the choice of hashtags and geotags to increase your visibility and your engagement.
Being able to consistently and effectively put all these aspects into practice is not easy, especially because you don't always have the knowledge and skills to manage a truly effective Instagram profile.
In this sense, in fact, we will see now how to build the right strategy:
- Determine the target audience. This involves identifying the right market segment by age, location, interests, job and demographic information.
- Do a competitor analysis. Analyzing how competitors behave is also very useful for Instagram.
- Create an editorial plan. As in the case of Facebook, this will allow you to organize content in a particularly effective and consistent way with the calendar of activities. planning in advance the publication time, the type, the topic and the descriptions will also speed up the publication process a lot.
- Convert your followers into supporters, to do this it is very important to create impressive content that pushes your supporters to support you further.
ONP Marketing Strategy: Social Media
Also the digital communication for non-profit organizations passes through the communication channels typical of a marketing strategy, such as the social media marketing third sector.
By now about 90% of non-profit associations are present on social media, within which they develop a communication strategy.
But what is the purpose of using social networks in a communication strategy for the non-profit? We could say gods modern press offices, even if the latter cannot be replaced by social networks. THE social media prepare, they create and spread communication to the outside.
What mainly differentiates the two communication channels is the "professionalism", as far as the press office is concerned, it bases its communication on the article, as regards the social media marketing the purpose of communication is centered on community creation around the non-profit association.
Third sector social media marketing bases its strategy on communication through social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
Of course also post creation, like press offices and like any communication strategy, plans to have an organized communication plan at the base.
However, among the non-profit associations, the role of social media marketing it is often still underestimated by generalizing in the work of curating web communication.
To make the most of the potential of owning onp marketing strategies, it is better to turn to industry experts.
Building a strong presence on social media does not only mean communicating what you do on your own or on your social channels, but the content sharing for a real one community creation, then the building relationships with your community.
Un good communication plan it is recognized by the professional skills of managing communication channels to be able to intercept stakeholders.
The aim is to create the widest possible social network.
Social Media: Online Tools for Onlus
One of the best practice per the use of social media in an ONP marketing strategy is planning a type of communication that is based on story of the history and actions of the Onlus.
This is because social media is the best place to strike up a conversation with your users, leads, donors, and potential ones.
Charities must take advantage of these communication channels, however give a human face to your non-profit organization.
Onlus should exploit the use of social channels to tell about the daily activities of their volunteers, of the people involved and of daily life within the Onlus, also showing the progress and results obtained.
in marketing strategies onp and above all with regard to the management of social media marketing third sector it is better to bet on emotional factor.
On social media, the most relevant content for the creating engagement with the public are the video content and images.
The reason is very simple, in fact people need to feel called into question, seeing the results and the works with their own eyes, therefore feeling closer to the cause: a good social media marketing strategy for non-profit organizations includes these involvement logic.
The first challenge of non-profit organizations that arises in marketing strategies is the gathering of supporters, but not only also the periodic renewal of the deeds of solidarity of those who have already become supporters.
According to statistics only 39% of non-profit associations manage to maintain participation in a solid and continuous manner of those who have already joined a solidarity initiative such as a donation.
The role of social media within a third sector social media marketing strategy is that of reach out to potential supporters, but maintaining existing links is much less expensive than looking for new ones and above all the strategy that allows you to be faster in obtaining concrete results.
Where Social Media Marketing Third Sector Goes From
The donor does not want to feel like one among many, it is important let people know how important every single donation is for the Non-Profit Association, for this reason online communication channels, such as social media, are very important channels in ONP marketing strategies.
In fact, channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Instagram make donors participate in the action, thanks to ability to share photos, videos and completed or ongoing projects.
Being able to see the work done with your own eyes allows you to gain more awareness and lead to entice leads to donate for the first time or to donate again.
Also thanking is an effective communication strategy for fundraising and the involvement of volunteers.
It's important reiterate their gratitude for donations in a specific context, perhaps through a post on Facebook or personalized content.
It is not just leads and donors who need attention to do their work for the non-profit association in the best possible way, but also to support it is necessary to dedicate a space, for example with the creation of content and following the best practices representing the volunteers at work and thus making the supporters feel an integral and important part of the non-profit organization and the cause.
The key is make them feel involved and indispensable, in fact, non-profit organizations and campaigns are based on people and it is right to recognize the merit by enhancing their work.
It will make the non-profit organization even more human and closer to the eyes of potential leads and donors.
Another important point of a winning strategy is to be present everywhere, making the voice of the Onlus heard through all possible means of communication and on a daily basis, this is where third sector social media marketing comes into play.
Through a daily planning, users will be updated and involved daily, even live.
The strength of a social strategy lies precisely in ability to share and communicate in real time, as well as based on a specific target for creating an emotional connection with old and new supporters.
Social media marketing represents one of the main opportunities for non-profit associations to make themselves known and for improve the reputation of the community in general.
Social media and marketing in general represent a highly competitive environment, which is why you need to have one well-defined communication strategy or rely on industry experts.