Online Marketing is a sector in perpetual turmoil: month after month it changes, evolves, transforms, going to incorporate new technologies in a succession of trends and trends that seems to have no end. If the world is digital, marketing and online communication are no longer a simple option, but an imperative for the survival of every business.
If the differentiation is a concept pervasive in the corporate strategy, an essential element for the achievement of a solid competitive advantage and a fundamental condition for the risk management of the enterprise, it becomes clear the need to consider a multitude of acquisition channels to ensure the necessary continuity of the activities of marketing. In other words, relying on a single channel is a risky and inefficient strategy. This is where paid advertising campaigns come into play, which allow the achievement of a right mix of channels and offer customized solutions for each company that wants to expand its customer pool.
One of the most dynamic sectors of the moment is programmatic advertising, a new acquisition channel capable of generating quality traffic. A giant in the industry is for example Match2One, but what is it, how does it work and what are the advantages of this tool?
Programmatic advertising for traffic acquisition
Programmatic Advertising is, basically, a specialized software in the purchase of digital advertising forms - for example, banners and other types of display ads. Managing this kind of ads programmatically means automating their purchase, positioning and optimization. What does it mean? Simply put, platforms that use this kind of software buy advertising space on online sites belonging to their network and resell it to advertisers, acting as an intermediary between the supply and demand of online advertising slots.
Therefore, programmatic ads is not a platform but a technology implemented by some platforms for the creation of highly personalized advertising campaigns. The concept behind it is very simple: manage intelligently-or rather programmatically-the meeting between those who need to monetize their site, traffic generator, offering advertising spaces and those, reseller, is constantly looking for new spaces where they can show their advertising campaigns efficiently, optimizing their investment.
Programmatic Advertising: How does it work?
We have said that this kind of technology allows to manage intelligently the meeting between demand and supply of advertising spaces; but what does it mean in practice? Going a little more specifically, this is possible through the use of three different platforms, which work continuously and integrated: a platform for Supply, one for demand, and one that deals with data management.
Let's go a little more specifically: the DMP data management platform, collects user data, and translate them into useful information for the definition of the target; the DSP demand-side platform, is the platform used for the purchase of advertising space from advertisers; and, finally, the SSP supply side platform, deals with the placing of the offerings on the sites, by analyzing the data provided by the DMP.
Why rely on this technology?
Beyond technicalities, why rely on this technology? The answer is simple: first, the personalization and accuracy that guarantees in terms of target, thanks to the use of a vast amount of data; in the second place, the optimization is real-time, as not only the contents are displayed only to those who actually - or potentially - has interest in the item or service in question, but in the exact moment in which to manifest this interest. Last but not least, relying partially on programmatic ads software allows a greater differentiation in acquisition channels, and consequently a decrease in risks.
So, going with order, the benefits of Programmatic Ads are different:
- Acquire traffic and customers an additional channel: the first advantage found by using this technology is to increase the channels of acquiring customers, reducing the dependency from other pay channels - the most famous Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and all the variants of the genre. In other words, we are talking about risk diversification: the more channels that produce qualified leads and acquire customers, the lower the risks to the company. Not to be underestimated, moreover, is the possibility that this kind of Channel determines a greater return on investment compared to one of the other channels mentioned: a greater ROI is not necessarily directly associated with a strategy more mainstream.
- Precision in the target and optimization of the campaign: the second great advantage of this technology is the ability to choose with great precision the target of users who will see their advertising. It is possible to choose the type of sites on which it will appear, the geographical location, The Times, the distribution of the budget, the keywords, the type of users and much more. This results in greater accuracy and, consequently, campaign optimization.
- Efficiency: not just optimization, precision translates into efficiency. Yes, because the possibility of indicating a large number of specific variables allows for an innumerable number of experiments. Different combinations will give different results, allowing over time to refine the marketing strategy and identify the options that determine greater ROI.
- Data: the use of a DMP, ie a data management platform, is undoubtedly the key to the success of this technology. We are talking about the analysis of an immense amount of data regarding the online behavior of users, which are therefore profilable with great precision. Needless to explain the value of this information when it comes to investing in marketing and advertising.
- Advertising algorithms: starting to advertise your articles with this technology means taking advantage of precise advertising algorithms that can bring the right customers to the right advertisers. The goal of these algorithms is in fact to find, in the user base available, those who are genuinely interested in the advertised product: no one continues to invest in a campaign that does not give results!
- Keeping Up With The Times: last but not least, and Adweek confirms this, Investments in Programmatic are constantly increasing: beware of falling behind!